Our enrollment process begins here and ends in conversation. The journey toward enrollment is designed to provide an easy way for communication to begin. We hope you will find ease in learning what you need to make a heart decision that involves both clarity and joy about the Mother Tree programs. This process can take up to several weeks, so we encourage you to begin promptly. Please use the appropriate checklist below if you are applying for Fall enrollment. Please contact Ms. Carolina if you are interested in enrolling for current mid-year enrollment.
The Mother Tree Program
- Explore through our website then email Ms. Carolina to arrange a personal tour to learn about Waldorf Education in an in-home setting. This year, first tours are done on Monday or Friday afternoons when school is not in session.
- Schedule a visit for you and your child.
Your child will be invited to visit the classroom for an opportunity to get to know the children and the teachers. This is generally a joyful time and parents are welcome to stay. This visit is generally between 30 and 45 minutes long, preferably just long enough that your child will make a memory and wish to stay longer.
- Application: Submit the application. Space is limited and we begin assigning names to our Waiting List when our class fills. Enrollment is on a first come first served basis with precedence given to families currently enrolled who have applied for Re-enrollment by April 15th.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable $20 fee is to be submitted along with your application.
- Interview: Ms. Carolina will call to set up a time for a new family interview where questions may be asked and the enrollment contract may be signed. Interviews may be by phone or in person. Please take your time in your decision after this point but remember that your completed contract, payment plan, and deposit reserve your child’s place at The Mother Tree.
- Reading: As our gift, new families will receive a copy of ‘What is a Waldorf Kindergarten?’ By Sharifa Oppenheimer at the interview.
- Finalize Enrollment Paperwork/Payments: To reserve a spot in the class, we ask for a $125 deposit, which is credited toward autumn supply fee. When financial arrangements are complete, you will receive a tuition contract to sign and return. Your first tuition installment is due on or before your child’s first day of school.
- Home Visits: Your first tuition installment is due at that time. You will then receive a welcome packet and volunteer form, and we will make arrangements to schedule a home visit. Home visits are a wonderful bridge between home life and school for the children, their families and the teachers. Please ask if you would like to know more about home visits.